Thursday, April 9, 2015

Monica's Mini Meatloaves

I was making meatballs, and I decided to try adapting the recipe to make it easier to make. I do not enjoy hand-rolling 1" meatballs. So I changed it to mini meatloaves and doubled the recipe while I was at it.

Originally this was a recipe to make 1" meatballs. My cousin Monica made this one time and brought to a pot luck...or something like that. The details are fuzzy. What I distinctly remember is that everyone loved these little suckers, and the recipe was dubbed "Monica's Meatballs."

The original recipe calls for Worcestershire sauce in the meatballs, but I couldn't find it when I was mixing it up. Hence the soy sauce and Moore's. Yay for recipe adaption! Feel free to use what you have on hand.

It should be noted that the sauce recipe listed makes about 4 cups of sauce. Sweetie is a sauce-aholic, so that was just fine for us.

Now go forth and try this recipe out. Seriously. They're almost addicting.

Monica's Mini Meatloaves Recipe
(Makes about 2 dozen)

Ingredients:
5 lbs hamburger
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups chopped onion
4 eggs 
1/2 cup ketchup 
1/2 TBS soy sauce
1/2 TBS Moore's
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

Mix all ingredients. Measure 1/2 cup servings and shape into balls. Bake 350F for 30 minutes. Drain well. Cover in Special Sauce.

Sauce Ingredients:
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup BBQ sauce 
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Combine sauce ingredients. Mix well. Spoon over mini meatloaves.



















***
Next Post
Previous Post

No comments:

Post a Comment