Monday, July 17, 2017

I'm baaaaaack!

Sometimes during the grieving process you take a step back to get some distance, and learn better how to cope with your new reality. Eventually, though, you come back to the familiar with new perspective.

When I quit NaNoWriMo in 2015, I had no intention of letting my blog idle. It was our first Christmas without Dad, and Christmas was Dad's favorite holiday. That holiday season hit me hard. The anniversary of his death was just over a month later.

Less than a month after that would have been Nadia's due date.

Within two weeks of that, I lost my grandmother. It was an emotional time for me.

During that time, I played the banjo a lot, even wrote a few songs. I journaled some, and dabbled in poetry. I even occasionally used drawing as a way to express what I was feeling. Mostly daffodils. But my blog has lain dormant until now.

It hasn't been all bad, though. Two years is enough time for positive changes. Our second son was born in January, and he has been a delight. Also, during my pregnancy, I had a drastic change in my health. I feel better than I have felt in over ten years. I call this a miracle.

So I'm back to being active online. Looking forward to what lies ahead.

***

Next Post
Previous Post

No comments:

Post a Comment